Loan Administrator - Chattanooga, TN
A career at SmartBank is more than just a job, it is a family where values are upheld and hard work is recognized. Our SmartBank team of associates are trustworthy, loyal and innovative.
We have been supporting our customers for over 10 years in Tennessee and Florida and are continuing to grow. We empower our associates to treat our customers with care and to be involved in the communities we support. We build exceptional value by fostering a work environment that respects individual needs, establishes high expectations and recognizes achievement – It is the SmartBank way.
SmartBank Associates enjoy an AMAZING benefits package that includes - company apparel, medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, 401(k), EAP, life insurance and paid time off (PTO).
We currently have opportunities in our bank operations as a Loan Administrator. In this critical role you will provide exceptional customer service to our onsite banking customers with the following responsibilities:
- Assists Lender(s) in overall loan process including loan closing and post closing process for various loan types. Ensure loan packages adhere to various compliance matters.
- Adheres to and embraces the SmartBank Way by Acting Smart, Looking Smart and Being Smart.
- Meets with clients, as necessary, to take applications and gather information necessary to make credit decision.
- Assist clients with their banking needs and discuss other services available.
- Obtains/verifies necessary identification verification, including but not limited to CIP info, Red Flag, OFAC.
- Assists Lender in preparing loan approval documents and verifies compliance with loan policy, documentation for Loan Committee, loan draw requests, and past due collections.
- Obtains necessary documents for approval and security perfections, including but not limited to credit bureau reports, flood determinations, title opinions and title policies.
- Prepare appraisal engagement information and forward to appropriate department for ordering.
- Responsible for forwarding approval packages to processing department for loan document preparation.
- Required to be familiar with HMDA reporting requirements, identifying such loans and gathering necessary reporting information.
- Obtain proof of sufficient insurance on collateral to be taken. All flood insurance must be approved by appropriate authority before closing.
- Acts as a liaison with legal counsel, borrower, processing department and third-party vendors in coordinating receipt and review of required documents to expedite closing process.
- Assists lenders with participation bank loans including the coordination of the execution of participation agreement, closing documents and disbursement with participating bank.
- Coordinates and attends loan closings for lender, inside and outside of the bank as necessary.
- Finalize closed loan package; handle disbursement of loan proceeds including all tickets. Track missing items on checklist and manage exceptions. Forward file to loan operations for booking.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Have a current Federal Mortgage Loan Originator Registration (NMLS #) or obtain the same within 3 months of employment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient level of computer competency including Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to function in a team environment.
- High level of integrity. Must handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Willing to accept new ideas and methods and be agreeable to change.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management, peers and customers.
Physical Demands Include:
Able to routinely stand, sit, bend and stoop.
Frequently and regularly required movements using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare and inspect documents or products and operate machinery.
Ability to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
May be required to travel to training sessions or meetings.
SmartBank is an AAP/EEO employer
Tags: Loan Specialist, Banking Careers, Jobs in Banking, Career Opportunities Chattanooga, Finance Jobs, Finance Admin, Loan Administrator, Finance Careers, Banking Jobs, Smart Bank